Monday, October 6, 2014

Anticipating Uganda

(Originally posted Aug.15, 2014)
I am beginning my junior year at Cedarville University, which is hard to believe. I have been blessed with the wonderful and exciting opportunity to study abroad in Uganda. I will be completing my Junior Social Work Field Experience and am taking two classes besides.   I will most likely be working with children in some capacity.  I will be given more details about my internship once I arrive and it may even change depending on where needs are as well as my personality and  interests. I am very excited to be able to put into practice the knowledge and skills that have been developed within the classroom.  I leave on Aug. 22 and I will return on Dec.17. It has been neat to see God’s hand orchestrating both small and large pieces, in order for this once and a lifetime opportunity to even be possible and take place.
Please be in prayer for:
  • safe travels to and around Uganda/Rwanda
  • a willing and teachable attitude to experience new and different things
  • to allow God to challenge and stretch me in my faith and relationship with Him
Thanks for desiring to share in my experience and I greatly appreciate your prayers. Feel free to leave comments or ask questions, I will try to respond as quickly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment